Friday, April 26, 2013

SO THIS IS 25!!!



 My how the time flies! Its not merely an observation, but a straight up truth. I was out for lunch recently with one of my close friends and we were trying to figure out how long we have known each other, am sure you've done this too at some point. It took us a while but we came up with 4 years... 4 yrs of laughs, tears, crazy girls nights out, even crazier girls nights in, birthdays, weddings, camping trips, stupid movies and wine, too many inside jokes, hurts, reconciliations, talks about the future, confessions about the past and so much more. In some ways it seems like we have been friends forever, but at times I cant shake the feeling we only just met.

What spurred on this train of thought you might ask? Well this past Monday, I had a birthday, yup turned the big 2.5. Okay, so this should come as no surprise to anyone who knows me, but in the interest of full disclosure, you should know that I tend to over think things....everything:) Well it didn't take a lot of analysis and thought to arrive at this much dreaded conclusion.... 25 is old! lol. No not like nursing home old of course. But like ""you're a grown up" old, like "you should have your stuff together" kind of old. This would be the point that the 2 yr old in me screams, "I don't wanna grow up....!" haha.

But alas, grow up we must. And after the shell shock wears off, and the smoke clears, I realize 25 isn't that bad. On the contrary, I cant remember ever being more excited for a new year of life. God has been beyond gracious to me over the years, but for some reason it feels like He's been saving all the fun stuff for this, my 25th year:) It seems unreal that in a few short months I will living on the other side of the world, ya literally. I cant wait for this grand adventure with the lover of my soul. I plan, hope and dream for Singapore, genuinely cant wait :D Knowing that God is working in my life is the best birthday present ever!

Am so excited to share this 'new year' of my life with all of you. Aren't you glad we serve a God who longs to give us the desires of our hearts and so much more (Psalm 37:4).  Sometimes it seems to take a lifetime to happen_ and believe me I know the waiting stinks. But remember God is always faithful in keeping His promises. So here's to getting older and looking forward to new things together.

 Here are a few highlights from this past weekend
                                           Had so much fun with good friends:)

                            My attempt to blow out the candles was photo bombed haha!

                                          Made me laugh!!! Lots of laughing actually:D


                                         And yes, I wore a tiara, no big deal:)
 Love you for reading XOXO!


No comments:

Post a Comment